At BHP we support our people to grow, learn, develop their skills and reach their potential. With a global portfolio of operations, we offer a diverse and inclusive environment with extraordinary career opportunities. Our strategy is to focus on creating a safe work environment where our employees feel strongly connected to our values and objectives, and where the capability of our people is key to our success.
Come and be a part of this success.
About the Role
Reporting to the Superintendent of Governance and Technical Stewardship, you will be responsible for providing specialist electrical engineering technical expertise to Hay Point Coal Terminal Port and Rail.
This role is a residential based role offering relocation for the right candidate.
You will be providing specialist advice and executing tasks associated with ensuring a robust change control and document management process exists and is followed in the operation. You will accurately manage the operation’s blueprint; change management process and Asset Integrity as well as ensuring Electrical compliance to Australian Standards, BMA standards, and any other legislative requirements.
In this role you will:
- Be first and foremost focused on creating a culture of care by being a visible safety leader;
- Build effective working relationships across multidisciplinary teams, seeking to understand our customer’s needs and managing to their expectations;
- Provide Electrical guidance and technical support to site Engineering and Maintenance;
- Review, update and approve the complete set of Electrical technical documentation (International, National & Site engineering standards, equipment standards, specifications, datasheets, procedures, programs and drawings) from which the operation is designed, constructed, operated and maintained;
- Identify and implement Continuous Electrical improvement of the Electrical Assets collaborating with site and vendor;
- Provide specialist engineering expertise and ensure robust change control processes and documentation standards;
- Provides engineering subject matter expertise with respect to technical discipline(s) for the operation to multiple groups; and
- Provides engineering technical services to the operation to ensure they meet relevant standards and are aligned to designed/agreed operating principles.
To learn more about working with BHP please click here.
You are forward-thinking inclusive with a strong focus on safety, people, delivery and improvement. Comfort with change is imperative; you are innovative with a bias to action and take a collaborative approach to find sustainable solutions. You have a learning mind-set, challenging yourself and inspiring the team achieve their full potential.
You will have:
- Tertiary degree in Electrical Engineering and hold a RPEQ (Registered Professional Engineer QLD) qualification or be willing to obtain RPEQ if not currently held.
- Applicable experience with an understanding of engineering principles, standards and processes, along with drawing management and document control databases.
- Experience in a consulting role and/or bulk materials handling (eg. dump stations, balanced machines, conveyors, shiploaders) would be highly desired.
- You will have excellent communication skills, verbal and written.
- Ability to influence stakeholders, providing sufficient communications to gain agreement and commitment.
- Proven background working in complex environments to achieve results at an operations level.
We celebrate the diversity of thought and experience within our team, we each bring different strengths which empowers our collective success. Join a team where your contribution is valued and you go home each day with a sense of achievement.
About Our Process
At BHP, we are committed to employing individuals who align with the BHP Charter Values and meet the requirements of the role. As part of the recruitment process, there are a number of checks which may be conducted to demonstrate applicants suitability for a role including police / criminal background checks, medical, drug and alcohol testing, due diligence checks, right to work checks, and/or reference checks.
Please note as part of this recruitment process the successful applicant will need to conduct a Queensland legislated coal mine workers’ health assessment.
From 1 April 2023, ResHealth will be mandatory for the completion of coal mine workers’ health assessments, allowing you to submit, monitor and review the progress of your health assessment in a secure online environment.
For more information please go to the ResHealth website.
If you are already employed directly by BHP, please log in above using your BHP email address or apply via our internal jobs portal.
Supporting a Diverse Workforce
The size, stability and magnitude of our business not only provides significant opportunity for professional development, but also attractive salary packages with performance-based bonuses and a best-in-class employee share program. We know there are many aspects of our employees’ lives that are important, and work is only one of these, so we offer benefits to enable your work to fit with your life. These benefits include flexible working options, a generous paid parental leave policy, other extended leave entitlements and parent rooms.
At BHP, we know that we are strengthened by diversity. We are an Equal Opportunity employer that is committed to making BHP a safe and inclusive workplace where everyone can thrive and be at their best every day. We are focused on creating a workforce that’s more diverse and represents the communities where we work and live. providing a work environment in which everyone is included, treated fairly and with respect. We are an Equal Opportunity employer and recognise that true diversity includes gender, age, race, disability status, sexual orientation, religion, neurodiversity, education levels, and many more aspects of your identity.
BHP is committed to providing a recruitment process that is fair, equitable and accessible for all. If you have a disability, we know that it may be helpful for us to adjust our process to make it equitable for your individual situation. If you would like to reach out to someone about your situation and our recruitment process, please email us at email@example.com.